FAIR HOUSING POLICY
We, at Robert DeFalco Realty, from our dedicated real estate professionals, managers to our support staff, are committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all aspects of the housing related services they provide. The Company expressly prohibits any form of discrimination based on a person’s actual or perceived gender (including gender identity), race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, lawful occupation, presence of children, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, citizenship status, lawful source of income or any other factor illegal under federal, state or city law (any of which is an “Unlawful Category”). Any discrimination based on an Unlawful Category by agents or employees in the performance of their expected job duties will not be tolerated and will subject the agent or employee to appropriate disciplinary or other measures.
This policy covers all Company employees and agents without exception. The Company will not tolerate, condone or allow discrimination, whether engaged in by clients, employees, agents, independent contractors or other non-employees who conduct business with the Company. While the Company’s ability to control clients and third parties is limited, this does not diminish the obligation of the Company’s agents and employees to comply with the law and the Policy stated herein.
Education and Procedures
The Company engages in periodic training of employees and agents on the anti-discrimination laws. It requires all managers and sales and leasing agents to review the laws. Any questions or issues concerning discrimination should be addressed to the Company’s management; reports and complaints will be kept confidential to the fullest extent possible without impairing the Company’s obligations to comply with the law. Where necessary, the Company may employ an outside lawyer or consultant to investigate a question and provide guidance in handling the matter.
The Company will not in any way retaliate against an individual who makes a report of discrimination or provides information concerning such actions, nor will it permit any employee or agent to do so. Retaliation is a serious violation of this policy and should be reported immediately. Any person found to have retaliated against another individual for reporting unlawful discrimination will be subject to the same disciplinary action provided for offenders.
Our Fair Housing pledge:
- Providing equal professional service to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin or other protected status of any prospective client, customer or resident of any community.
- Keeping informed about fair housing laws and practices, thereby expanding upon our customers’ and clients’ opportunities.
- Demonstrating through advertising and the media that everyone is welcome and no one is excluded.
- Informing our clients and customers about our rights and responsibilities under the fair housing laws.
- Documenting our efforts to provide equal professional service whenever possible.
- Respecting the diversity and differences within our customer base, and remaining informed on those differences in order to provide Truly Remarkable Service.
- Taking a positive approach to fair housing practices and aspiring to follow the letter and spirit of the law.
- Committing to continue in the development and implementation of fair housing practices in accordance with our leadership role in the real estate profession.
- Refusing to tolerate non-compliance.
equal-housing-logo Please click here for a copy of the NYS Fair Housing flier